Third-party Credibility is Invaluable
For small to mid-size businesses that don’t have a huge marketing or advertising budget, winning awards and promoting them can give a big boost in standing out from the competition. These awards are a big source of third-party credibility, bestowed on your business by an independent, unbiased organization. Receiving the award backs up your claims that your business is the best by bringing it prestige, enhancing its’ credibility, boosting reputation and increasing trust.
Customers like to be associated with an award-winning company, and new customers are more likely to choose your business because of the third-party credibility. Additionally, awards boost employee morale, which leads to greater employee retention and attraction; top talent will be drawn to your business as they want to work for an award-winning company.
Winning the award, however, is just the first step. To truly benefit from the award’s third-party credibility, you need to let everyone know — current customers, employees and prospective customers. Here are some tips on how to market your award:
- Use the award logo in your email signature, on your website, in your blogs, in online advertising, on your business cards and in direct mail pieces — the possibilities are endless.
- Post about your award on all your social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (include link to the official award site).
- Issue a press release announcing your award; post links to the press release on your website and social media sites.
- Send out a special edition newsletter to all your contacts/clients announcing the award.
- Host an event to celebrate the award and invite current and prospective customers.
- Use your storefront or office as a showcase by displaying your award — framed, window decals, etc.
At City Beat News, our Spectrum Award is a prime example of third-party credibility. As an independent research and publishing company, we strive to provide a voice to the consumer about those unheralded small businesses that deliver exceptional service and experiences. We seek out, rate and recognize companies that are the hidden gems of our communities. In the process, we’ve removed the bias – both positive and negative – that is inherent in most ratings and reviews.
The Spectrum Award provides a recognition that can ignite a wave of enthusiasm among customers, potential customers, staff and the community — but only if your community knows about it. For more information how to make the most of your CBN Spectrum Award, click here.